Hypnotherapy for Grief and Loss: 10 Ways it Can Help
When someone close to you passes away, you may not have the opportunity to process your grief properly. You may feel overwhelmed and unable to concentrate; you may have to push through your day as you go to work; you may even feel numb and empty.
It is true that people deal with grief differently. However, it can become problematic. We do not want it to completely take over our lives, but for some people that may just happen.
Grief Recovery through Hypnotherapy
By undergoing hypnotherapy, you can give yourself the time to find calm and peace, allowing yourself to process your grief at a pace that’s right for you. Hypnosis can help to overcome grief and loss, and help you reach the stage where the memories of your loved one can be enjoyed without the attached pain of missing them.
Hypnotherapy can help to create a state of deep relaxation and allow access to the subconscious mind. When you’re in the grieving process, it can help to teach your brain to focus on the positive love you shared, rather than on the sadness of your grief.
10 Reasons It’s Worth Choosing Hypnosis for Grief
- It’ll help you find times of peace where you can rest from your grief
- It’ll reduce the unbearable intensity of your grief
- It’ll help you look after yourself with compassion
- You can organize your grief, and grieve at your own pace instead of all the time
- You can find a place for grief that does not overwhelm you
- You can reconnect with the positive memories of the person you have lost
- You’ll enjoy your memories without them being charged with painful feelings
- It’ll allow you to access feelings of calm and strength
- It’ll help you to move on with your life without attached guilt
- You’ll be empowered to get things done
It can take a long time to grieve. That being said, you must realize that grief is not a permanent state of mind, but rather it’s a process that everyone goes through. With the help of hypnotherapy, the process will become less troubled with tension and stress and transformed into a time full of love and appreciation.
The benefits of taking the time and letting yourself grieve are:
- Taking some time out to be kind and patient to yourself, and giving yourself time to process your grief.
- You’ll be giving yourself attention to your other needs throughout the day, such as proper hygiene, eating properly, and getting the right amount of rest.
- Remembering the person for who they were when they were alive, and not letting them be defined only by their death.
I am so sorry for your loss. If you have any difficulties at all with your grief, please know that there is hope and help when you need it. Give me a call if you need help to overcome your loss and need to grieve—I’d be more than happy to help.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Healing Soul Hypnosis and a clickable link back to this page.